Now it is Monday and back to work. I go over to my publishing house, Hayakawa Shobo, where I will have interviews with various Tokyo newspapers.

Hayakawa always does a beautiful window display at the front for their visiting authors. Indeed, this is my very first memory of my very first trip to Japan - standing in front of the "Welcome to Japan" window. This time, I am pleased to see it saying "Welcome Back of Japan". With me, of course, is my really special editor, Yuri Kagoshima.

-

Upstairs in the conference room, I meet first with Maki Ookubo from Asahi Newspaper.

-

Long interview and already time for lunch. I was asked where I would like to go for my very last lunch in Japan and I chose to have soba noodles at a very special restaurant called Kanda Yabu Soba that I loved during my last visit. This is the one of the authentic "Yabu Soba" restaurants in Tokyo. There was a very famous soba restaurant known for its tasty soba in Tokyo at the end of Edo era (during the 19th century). The restaurant was surrounded by bamboo woods, which in Japanese is called "Take-yabu" . "Take" means bamboo, and "yabu" means woods. Therefore the restaurant was called "Yabu Soba". The original restaurant was destroyed but it is said that some staff moved on to this restaurant in order to protect the original recipe in Kanda (this locality).

Here is the restaurant from the outside and you will notice it is of an old, traditional design.

-

And they make an effort to re-create the feel of the bamboo forest around the restaurant.

-

So we enjoy a wonderful meal of soba noodles and because it is a nice spring day, they open the sliding doors to allow us to enjoy the bamboo garden.

-