Then it is time to fly back to Tokyo. As it is May 21, it my birthday and Masako's birthday. So her husband Norio and her son Kei are joining us for a celebration meal. It is in a lovely French/Jaspanese fusion restaurant.

-

We have a very nice meal and then order dessert. Everyone's dessert arrives except Masako's and mine. We wait and wait, watching enviously as Norio, Kei and Yuri tuck into theirs. Then wow! We discover why there was the wait. The restaurant staff bring out our ice cream on long plates that have "Happy Birthday, Torey" and "Happy Birthday, Masako" written in chocolate. Sparklers are stuck into a piece of banana. This is suprise enough because we had not said it was our birthday, but even more surprising, all the staff in this fancy restaurant then came and sang "Happy Birthday" to us. As you can tell, I was a little overwhelmed!

-

Once once calmed down, here we two birthday girls are, showing off our celebration desserts!

-

Here's a close-up picture of Masako's birthday plate that Yuri took. (She took one of mine too, but unfortunately my ice cream was very quick to melt and cover my name!)

-

It was a very special birthday indeed!