Kumamoto city centre is nicely laid out such that everywhere we want to go is in walking distance. After lunch I am to appear on a television program for NHK, the Japanese state broadcasting system (like the BBC in Britain) The program is called "Good Morning Saturday" and is a regional program which is only shown throughout Kyushu and Okinawa.

We walk to the NHK broadcasting building from our restaurant along side the river which was diverted to form part of the moat to the old castle.
 -

I am fascinated by the carp in the river, many of which are very brightly coloured.

-

Above us on the other side of the river are the turrets of the castle which was built in the early 1600s.

-

We can also see the main part of the fortress above the trees.

-

And just around the corner and across the bridge is the NHK building.

-

Inside I am greeted by Ko Watanabe who is producing the program and he takes me to the studio where I am going to be interviewed by the presenter, Kumiko. We have a really fantastic interview together and celebrate by taking pictures afterwards on the set.

Here are Kumiko and I.
 -

And afterwards we all pose for a picture together.

-
That's Nobuko Johnson, my interpreter, on the left in front, me and Ko Watanabe. In back are the camera men and technicians, Kumiko and Masako.

Then Kumiko presents me with a gift from NHK. It is a lovely box of very delicious sweets made from beans which are a specialty of the area. (I meant to save them, but I confess I have already eaten about a 1/3 of the box!)

-