Now I am going to share with you pictures of this fantastic lunch because I know so many of you will never have seen genuine Japanese food. It is always so beautifully prepared and THERE IS ALWAYS SO MUCH TO EAT! Most people do not know this about the Japanese!

So we are seated above with our first course. Here is a closer picture:

-

It is sashimi in the long dish - tuna, a prawn, a small sardine-type fish, lotus flower and a few things I recognize the flavour of but do not know the name of. In the blue bowl are bamboo shoots and squid in a Japanese pepper sauce.

At the same time as this course is served, there is a special platter in the middle for all of us to share.

-

This is raw horse meat which is the specialty of this restaurant. It comes with the traditional accompaniments of garlic, chives and various greens.

I am very fond of this particular dish, so Yuri couldn't resist taking my picture.

-

Now comes the second course, which are bits of tempura. Most of fish or vegetable, one is a special kind of leaf which I am not familiar with but is very tasty cooked this way.

-

Now the third course!

-

This is salmon with special rice noodles. The stick is ginger.

The waitress stops by to make sure we are getting enough to eat!

-

Nope, clearly room for more, so she brings us the soup and rice course!

-

And at last, here comes dessert, which is fruit with a very delicate gelatine on top.

-

And I'm ready to pop!!