Well, at last I am with a computer that works. So now, at last, I can share the pictures of my visit to Stockholm! I am afraid, however, they will go up about as fast as I experienced them, because there isn't much time for me to spend at the computer at the moment. But here is the start.

As I said above, the big word when I arrived was 'snow'. It was snowing so hard there was a real concern my plane might not be able to land and when it did, there was then the worry about whether or not we could get into the city. I was met by my editor, Nina, and we did manage to arrive at my hotel, which was a beautiful old hotel down on the harbour.

Here it is, Sunday night, just after I arrived. This is looking out the window of my hotel room at the harbour.

It doesn't look like much snow . . .

But here we are the next morning, when you can see things a little better.

-

There was about 18 inches/1/2 metre of snow and it was quite a change from home in Britain!

Here's a view of my hotel:

-

And my very cold publicist, Jenny, waiting in the doorway!

-

Jenny, like Erly in Indonesia, is my "minder" who sees that my interviews go well and makes sure I get food and coffee and other things that keep authors happy!

The first thing she did was get me out to the restaurant next door for a nice hot, filling meal of reindeer, moose and mushrooms in gravy with mashed potatoes to stoke me up, ready for all my interviews.

-

Then we walked back through springtime in Stockholm.

-